Saturday, December 20, 2008

Peek-A-Boots

The peep-toe boot featured here is by Jeffrey Campbell

Who ever said that fashion had to make sense????


A recent trend that has been hitting the map is the peep-toe boot and bootie.

::sigh:: So much has been said about the ever so controversial "peek-a-boot." Many fashion critics bash the peep-toe boot for lacking practicality.

I guess I see where they're coming from. Actually, I lied--I definitely see where they're coming from, and they are absolutely right! Who would ever waste their money on these things?! We are in a RECESSION, and I am not trying to spend money on a pair of peek-a-boots for the sake of fashion--just to be "in style," you know, keeping up with the Joneses. After all, I thought the point of wearing a boot in the first place was to keep ALL of your foot warm.

This 'fashionable' trend raises alot of questions. A boot that you can't wear when it's cold, or raining, or snowing?? I don't quite get it. So when is the right time to sport the peek-a-boot? I'll get to that....

This one's even got FRINGE! Hideous, right?

The reality of it is this...fashion doesn't have to make sense! Does it make sense to wear Uggs in the summer...with dresses...or in the rain?? NO. Does it make sense to wear shorts with tights? NOT REALLY. Does it make sense to wear knit hats/berets in the summer?? Ehh, it depends. (for the guys) Shorts with construction boots?? I'm sure you already know the answer to that. But either way, it's ALL been done...and some of these faux pas get the green light...others get the 'heave-ho.' I'll leave it up to you to decide which ones.

Moving on...if you MUST have this 'must-have,' and you need some advice on how to wear it, I would say...experiment...trial and error.... Most of these boots are manufactured in solid colors, making it easy for you to pair them up with your fall/winter fashion favorites. Depending on its style, I could see the peek-a-boot being worn in place of the peep-toe pump. As skeptical as these things make me, I must admit, they are très chic--combined with the sexiness and feminity of an open-toe pump plus the security of a boot.

Personally, I thought that the idea of the peep-toe boot was so dumb...









THAT I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A PAIR FOR MYSELF!!





Even Sarah Jessica Parker is getting in on the fun!! No pressure...well...maybe just a little....

Still not convinced?! Chloe--tell 'em somethin'!!





YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment